The 39th annual Sedona St. Patrick’s Day festivities Saturday, March 14, will be a community celebration. Rev up your day in the Red Rocks Road Race, starting at 8 a.m., along Jordan Road. The parade, sponsored by many community businesses, starts at 10:30 a.m., making its way along Jordan Road.
According to a press release, the festival begins immediately following the parade and is conveniently located directly adjacent to the grandstands near the end of the parade route. The entertainment and children’s activities are all free thanks to business sponsors and supporters. The festival will open with a traditional ceremonial song on bagpipes. The activities are:
- Dance to live entertainment by Dublin Soul
- Listen to talented youth in Sedona Charter School Strings Group
- Enjoy free family activities such as Puff the Dragon Bouncy Castle, face painting by Christy, balloon animals by Gary, exotic animals from Out of Africa, knighting by Celtic warrior Kailen, visiting with an Irish maiden and fairies, the Lucky Leprechaun Fishing Hole by First Student and coloring the parade mural
- Partake from the food court featuring Barking Frog and Cowboy Club restaurants
- Quench your thirst in the Beer Garden, thanks to Oak Creek Brewing Company
Sedona Main Street Program and Sedona’s Green Team are proud to coordinate this festival and to partner with Northern Arizona University Parks and Recreation Management Program to present the parade.
NAU students present the road race as an independent project.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS